Buyer Agent Compensation Incentive
2.5% Paid to Buyers Agents/Co-op MLS Agents
* Less commission paid reduces closings expenses
* When offered 2.5%, most agents will show property.
* Some top selling agents may show it last if there are multiple homes to show,
and in some cases, not at all. Many agents who show it may not be entusiastic
* Some agents will attempt to negotiate a higher fee to show the property,
and may or may not show it if unsuccessful.
* If agents show your property last or not all, or, if they show it without showing
much entusiasm, your home could take longer to sell or sell for less money,
negating any savings from the lower commission cost.
Why a lower Co-op incentive can cost you money